Tipo de contrato: Indefinido
Tipo de jornada: Completa
Salario: Segun convenio
Fecha alta: 08-03-2018
Fecha límite de inscripción: 31-07-2018
Descripción de la oferta Job Brief:
As Chef de Partie of Soho House Amsterdam, you are an ambassador for the brand with a detailed knowledge of the Soho House Group and its concept including all menus and food offerings. Demonstrating a professional approach towards our managers, employees and guests, you are responsible for the day-to-day running of your kitchen section, ensuring a great member and guest experience. Keeping up to date with food trends throughout the World, whilst ensuring to display a ‘can do’ attitude and ‘yes yes yes’ mentality in alignment with The Soho House Ethos.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant
-Set up station according to restaurant guidelines
-Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
-Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
-Restocks all items as needed throughout shift
-Cleans and maintains stations in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills regarding HACCP
-Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station
-Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas
-Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Head Chef at any time
-Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef. Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
-Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
-Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
-Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
-Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
-Carry out any other duties as required by management.
-Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
-Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
-Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
-Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling
Health & Safety
• Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures such as First In-First Out (FIFO) and Cold Chain compliance, across all food & beverage-related departments or areas.
• Ensure daily fridge temperature records and food labelling are maintained and up to date at all times
• Maintain the highest level of health and hygiene standards and respect HACCP
• Ensure personal hygiene requirements are adhered to
• Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures and that all the team are aware of their Health and Safety responsibilities
• Act on any reports of suspicious persons or activities and ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately
• Ensure that any accidents of colleagues, Members, Guests and Visitors are reported immediately to the appropriate people
• Be fully conversant with all Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures (internal & external)
• Ensure the team wears appropriate protective clothing when necessary
WORKING WITH OTHERS
• Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
• Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect
• Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
• Whilst working for Soho House there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, members, guests and employees. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, members, guests and employees, unless otherwise stated.
38h a week / 5 days